Google is an amazing company. And, as always, the ability for Google to out-do themselves never ceases to amaze me. After Google’s purchase of YouTube, they immediately went to work on speech recognition interface with audio and video so that now they can convert video speech into contextual written content that can be indexed by their search engine. How cool it that!? This is great news to Internet marketers since now getting top Google page rankings using video can be possible for the first time.
This is great news for all the ‘talkers’ out there in Cyberville who are much better at speaking than they are in writing. Although speech to text and text to speech recognition is not new, Google has done what they always do, and put technology to work for them in better building their brand as the premier search engine of choice by most online marketers.
It makes totally good sense to use the technology that many professional speakers and Webinar presenters have used the speech to text technology to generate transcripts of their presentations for several years now. By converting video to text, Google can index the video just like the written copy of a blog post, like this one for instance. It can’t be confirmed or not if Google offers transcripts of video that they transcribe, but it would be a great feature to add to their already success filled basket of online marketing and optimization goodies. I would love to have the ability to access my Google user account and or my YouTube account and be able to grab a written copy of my video or Webinar that I might post after a presentation. All this aside, just think of the powerful nature of this technology adpatation and its ability to get top Google page rankings using video over that of written text! This is a game changer in the minds of most Internet marketers.
In case you didn’t pick up on what I just implied in all of this, Google can now use your spoken words (spoken text) to categorize and rank your video. For those of you who are still learning about page rankings, this means that when you do a really good video on some subject that is widely searched for, your video could get ranked in top search results, placing you on the first page of Google search results! We did some testing over the ffew months to test this new technology by writing a script on small business finance, and this is what happened in our test:
1) The first video we did was presented off of the the straight-forward script as written without any research as to potential keywords that might be associated with the subject. Honestly, the rankings were really really bad over the next two weeks and the number of visits to the page were never more than 150 unique hits on any day of the two week period. Most of the higher page hits were in the second week of the two week test. As a part of the test, we implemented a specific channel promotion we use to help promote clients so that we could use it again on our future test videos. In defense of Google, it is fair to say that the video was not written with any keyword or keyphrase research, and we know that this is an important part of the overall formula for getting good page rankings with Google.
2. Our second video was the same content, but we implemented a standardize SEO and SEM practice that we use with our clients on a regular basis. We researched and chose our desired Google keyword and keyphrase choices on the same subject (small business finance). We integrated those Google keywords or keyphrases into our second video on the subject verbatim as listed with Google Adwords listings. At the end of the second week of promoting the second video in the exact same way we did the first video, we saw a dramatic improvement in our video page ranking, and our average daily unique hits were never less than 360 unique hits in the second week of promoting it. We were totally impressed. Just by finding specific Google Adsense keywords and keyphrases, and inserting them into the same script on the same subject, we were able to generate over double the organic traffie to our page. The technology really worked! Very cool!
3) In our third video on the same subject with almost identical content using the Google keywords and keyphrases from video test two, we rewrote our 3 minute video script to include the keywords and keyphrases at the front end of our video as if they were in the first and second paragraph of a written blog post. We used them at the same density of Google keywords and keyphrases in the video, but placing about 75% of them in the first minute of presentation. The page rankings of our third video were outrageous! In our second week of promoting our third video, again, using the identical promotion we used with video one and two, by placing the main keywords or key phrases up front we were able to see our page ranking hit in the top 60 pages of Google results using our keywords and keyphrases. Keep in mind that at the time we did this YouTube video, that there were over 130,000,000 results for small business finance. Our number of unique hits increased to over 700 on an average day in week two of the two week promotion with one day being almost 1000 unique hits.
Our conclusion is quite simply this. Google’s new romance with their new bride YouTube, and Google’s amazing technology and their ability to capitalize on the video search engine market, is a homerun for Google of course. But the big winners will be average people using video in a smart way to promote their personal or business brand, product, service, or cause. As popularity of video blogs catch on, it will be a whole new ball game for the online marketing industry as new services emerge to script effective video for those wanting high page rankings and increased traffic to their Websites.
If you would like coaching in how to properly script your next video, contact David Ward and his team at SD Ward & Associates. They offer comprehensive assistance on script writing that can make an impact on your audience. Write them at coachme (at) sdward.com. If you have found this article useful, please take a moment and buzz it up on Google, Tweet it, or share it on your favorite social network to your followers (spread the wealth). And as always, do leave your comments and hit the LIKE button for FaceBook for us!
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Saving Your Love Life without Spending a Dime
- Powerful Reminders for Overcoming Adversity
- Keys to Direct Sales Success
- Dangerous Economic Future for Those with Student Loans
- How to Spot MLM Pyramid Schemes
- Overcoming Destructive Emotions and Controlling Emotional Triggers
- Is There Crying in Heaven
- The Power of Persistence
- Quick Tips for Better Health
- Save Valuable Time in Your Day by Managing Email More Effectively
ARTICLES BY KEYWORDAction Steps Administration Advertising Adwords Blogging Business Planning CCI college Consumer Trends Content Copy Writing Domain Names eBooks Email Marketing Encouragement FaceBook Federal Trade Commission General Business goals Google Hosting identity theft Keywords Leadership Lead Generation Marketing Marketing Tools Networking Online Marketing Organic SEO Page Rankings Parenting Pay Per Click persistence PPC Search Engines security Social Media Social Networking SWOT Time Management twitter Video viruses website
TIPS FOR YOUR SUCCESS
By far, the greatest deterrent for personal and business success is that of procrastination. Procrastination is rooted in unbelief, self-doubt, and fear of failure. Break free of these and you will be catapulted into certain success as you pursue all that you have before you.— David Ward